2013/02/19

The Cats - Cleaning my Room

The floor in my room was getting filthy, so I finally got around to cleaning it. Poor Cheeto was traumatized. Like all cats she hates vacuum cleaners, noisy things that eat dirt and secretly want to eat cats. But it's not the vacuum cleaner that really scares Cheeto. What she is really afraid of is the mop.

($140 for a mop head? really? Will anyone reading my blog pay half that for an entire mop complete with bucket, water and Mr Clean? I need to find better ads)

I'm not sure why she is so afraid of the mop, but I remember her being afraid of a rag mop as a kitten. The mop was not doing anything, it was just leaning against the wall. But Cheeto approached the mop like it was a strange dog. (Someone may have jiggled the mop handle so it moved when Cheeto got close enough to sniff it and made her jump... Cheeto is like a cartoon when she's spooked.)

Cheeto is a full grown cat so you would think she would have gotten over irrational fears but she is still afraid of the mop. She sat in the corner by the door and stared with her big yellow eyes as I ran the mop over the floor, skittering away in terror when I mopped near her. I wound up mopping my floor three times the floor was so dirty. Now that my floor is clean, dry and well polished Cheeto has ventured back into my room, making sure the mop is not hiding anywhere.




Oh, I set my sandwich aside and Tabitha is licking the bread on the floor, how much you want to bet it landed mayonnaise side down? Yeah, I feel like I accomplished nothing today now.

Anyways I've given some thought as to why Cheeto is afraid of the mop. In the cat language "Going under water" is synonymous with death. The mop head is frequently stuck in a bucket of soapy water, bobbed up and down, then rung out dripping liquid death back in the bucket, rubbed all over the floor only to repeat the death process. So to Cheeto the mop has to be something like a sadistic zombie movies, the kind I can only watch twenty minutes of before getting that sick feeling in my heart. So perhaps Cheeto's fear of the mop is not all that irrational.

And a picture of Pout to show that Cheeto has not taken over my blog again

Cats on Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. the spring of artistic value
    For spring when dabin two people and when dabin disciple xu youquan, li zhongfang and known as the Ming dynasty after wanli three purple sand magic hands
    DaBin recommended when refined and elegant style, modelling fluiChina Purple Clay Teapotd, not the pursuit of ancient books write in an ornate style, but proceed PiaoYaJian, better not to think his best Xu Youquan age from sigh: my essence, but it will not timely (coarse also Xu Youquan DaBin), manual fine, good at ancient bronze ware Yixing Purple Clay Teapot Setshape to make are recommendedPurple Clay Teapot With Infuser, like solemn, simple vigorous
    Legend, when worHandmade Ceramic Teapotship DaBin Xu Youquan youth to learn skills for the teacher, begged the teacher to pinch him a mud cow, not allowed at this time a true cow from the outside, xu used his quick wits grabbed a handful of mCheap Ceramic Teapotsud, ran to the outside, to the true cow pinched, praise, think he is very talented, so glad to give all of its unique skills, was more than four people and formed the Authentic Purple Clay Teapotunique master first time are recommended
    The culture of the purple clay pot
    T

    ReplyDelete